Tuesday 23 June 2009

Reynolds and Hamilton

Alistair Reynolds has signed a ten-book deal with Gollancz worth £1m.

For Mr Reynolds, this is obviously rather good news.

If you have never heard of him, then it will mean next to nothing.

But, if you have read any of his work, then I suspect you'll be cheering him from the sidelines. Personally, I'm looking forward to all ten of them. There's nothing like a great big chunk of space opera to wile away the odd month or two.

Talking of which, I'm currently catching up with the Void Trilogy. Today's award for the fattest space operas ever goes to Peter F Hamilton. You'll never recover the time you spend ploughing through his work, but you won't regret it either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reynolds is a great read. I'll certainly be cheering him on from the sidelines... and Mr. Hamilton too.

I met Peter at a mini-convention once. He was kind enough to listen to me rambling on about 'Candy Buds' and still keep nodding and smiling.

Always wanted more of his Mindstar stuff though...