There's a "TV Drama Forum" coming up on 27 March, organised by the folks behind Broadcast magazine. It costs a bucket-full of cash for just one day of listening and mingling (£527.58, to be precise). But it looks really good. Speakers include:
• Andrew Davies , Screenwriter
• Russell T Davies , Writer and Executive Producer
• Luke Alkin, Acting Head of Drama, Channel 4
• Eileen Gallagher, Chief Executive, Shed Media plc
• Sally Haynes, Controller of Drama Commissioning, ITV
• Dominic Minghella, Founder, plainvanilla
• Ashley Pharoah, Joint MD, Monastic Productions
• Nicola Shindler, Chief Executive, Red Production Company
• Ben Stephenson, Head of Drama Commissioning, BBC Vision
Very nice. But not really affordable for a lowly scribe stuck on the bottom rung of the ladder. Unless...
... unless a Skillset Film Futures bursary pays for 80% of it. And it does. Hurray!