Monday 25 February 2008

A few questions...

Jon, over at A Slight Case of Overbombing, has been asking himself some questions. I thought I'd try answering them too.

Why did you start blogging and why do you continue? I started as an incentive to make myself work. I don't think I ever believed anyone else would read it, but I though that if I were forced to make a public confession every day of how much (or how little) I'd written, then I might write more. Now, I blog from time for a variety of reasons:

- it's therapy, getting stuff clear in my own mind by writing about it

- it's chat. The Blogosphere is like a staffroom, and every now and again it's polite to join in the conversation.

- it's a record. It's a diary which I look back on from time to time.

- it's a trumpet. Every now and again, if things go well, I like to blow my own trumpet.

- it's a news source. There are a few people out there (friends and relatives) who get to find out what I'm up to by reading the blog.

How do you decide what to blog about? It's pretty random.

Do you write straight out or pre-plan what you’re going to write? Straight out, but I'm a writer, so it's never completely stream of consciousness.

Do you censor yourself? Yes. It's like speaking in public, and it's hard enough in this business making friends, so I don't want to make enemies. Also, I never mention individuals by name - I wouldn't want anybody who I work with to have to worry about seeing themselves mentioned in my blog.


So, now you know.

No comments: