Thursday 20 September 2007

The White Queen arrives

She arrived this morning. An advance copy of my second episode of Doctors.

I was meant to be doing a bit of homework for the Academy, but I really do have to watch The White Queen at least six times this evening.

I've watched it once already (as soon as I got in the door this evening) and it blew my mind - not my script, but what they've done with it. Let's just say that every department pulled out the stops - locations, sets, design, make-up, costume, camera, lighting, music. Especially the music. And a great set of guest actors. I'm getting all gleeful again - this really must stop!

Pity I can't tell you anything about it. You'll just have to wait until 24 October. Hee hee hee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you're doing so well and I'm looking forward to your next episode!

I'm still watching regularly. I do like the new receptionist - a stickler for procedure and protocol, whose outward behaviour masks a lonely and disfunctional inner core. The actress plays her just right in my opinion.

You were very open last year about how little the beeb paid for scripts from new writers on Doctors, so is the news good? Do you get a nice rise for your second script? Hope so!