Saturday 29 September 2007

Thank you, Canada

The September Statement from the Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS) has just arrived. My first.

So, can I take this opportunity to say thank you to CRC, the Canadian cable company who apparently transmitted by first Doctors episode to the grateful people of Canada. And thank you for my share of the spoils - 30p (minus 9.5% ALCS commission, and minus my agent's 10% + VAT).

Perhaps a less grudging thanks also to IMROTV in Ireland and ERATV (don't know who they are - it says "educational recording fees for television", whatever that means). About £45 from each of them.

Money for old rope. Lovely.

1 comment:

Jason Arnopp said...

I once attempted to literally get money for old rope, but it sadly didn't work. Seems people would much rather pay for new rope, without the fraying ends and off-white colouring. Sigh...