Thursday 11 January 2007

Working again

Did I forget to mention that I'm working again?

I've spent several years alternating full-time writing with short-term contracts at my old employer, the FSA. This has been a good arrangement, but it has also been frustrating (both for me and for my long-suffering agent) - just when I get some momentum going on the writing, I go back to the day job.

Anyway, I have managed to come up with a more sensible arrangement. For the next 6 months (extendable to a year), I'll be working just 2 days a week at the FSA, and spending the other 3 at home writing (or blogging!). Hopefully, this will be better balance.

2 comments:

Tim Clague said...

Paul. Have you seen the new feature I'm trying to get off the ground. Its about a financial salesman who finds and loses love. I think you'll love the main character. Check it out - www.circumferencefilm.com

Paul Campbell said...

Thanks for the URL, Tim. That's a fascinating project you've got going there. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope it goes well.

Mind you, I'm not convinced about loving the main character! Financial salesmen are not always my favourite people - especially as my job would be much easier if there weren't so many of them who think more about the size of their commission than the needs of their clients.