Thursday 18 January 2007

Any more TAPSters out there?

I'm heading off to the studios of The Bill for a two day course next week run by TAPS. Should be fun - it's a masterclass on writing for continuing series, focusing, of course, on The Bill.

I've just been sent the pre-course reading material, consisting of the series outline for a block of ten shows, a beat sheet for one of those episodes, and the first draft of the same episode. We have two days on it next week, then we have to go away and do an exercise before coming back for another two days at the end of Feb.

I'm really looking forward to it - anybody else going?


My own stuff's going OK at the moment. My Doctors script editor has commented favourably on three of my story outlines - a bit of editing and we should be there. She's already passed another on to the series producer. It's a slow old process, but I am optimistic that there will be other commissions at some point.

And right now (well, once this is posted) I'm actually doing work on a TV series outline. Yes, I know I've been promising this for months, but it's actually happening right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: