Wednesday 13 February 2019

The End of an Era

Copyright BBC
Jimmi is mistaken for an estate agent while dealing with an unusual family set-up. The gang have an emotional gathering, and Joe causes more trouble for Daniel and Zara.

But, more importantly, it's Mrs Tembe's last day.

Lorna Laidlaw is moving on, and so must we.

I remember going to a script meeting shortly before her first screen appearance as Mrs Tembe, and being delighted to see her photo up on the wall - my daughter is a Lorna, and Tikkabilla was regular viewing for both the girls (and me).

Mrs Tembe was not entirely popular when she first arrived, and I had my own doubts about the character. But she's become a Letherbridge Legend, and she'll be missed. I feel honoured to have written her final episode.

13:45. BBC1. Today (13 Feb), and on iPlayer for ages if you miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the honour, sad though it may be for a character you have come to appreciate.
S