Wednesday 15 April 2015

Sir Charles Hood: "Star of Bethlehem"


I've been doing a lot of research, off and on, over the last few years (much of it paid for by the lovely Wellcome Trust).  I'm slowly putting together a proposal for a TV drama series based in Bethlem Hospital in the 1850's and 60's, so I've been digging around in the Hospital archives.  Need to find someone to buy it, of course, but that's a different battle.

Anyway, slightly to my surprise, I've been invited to give a little talk on the stuff I found out.  It's at the new Museum of the Mind at Bethlem Royal Hospital in Beckenham (which is well worth a visit even without the added attraction of a talk by yours truly).

I'll be talking about him, up there.   He's Sir Charles Hood - Resident Physician at Bethlem in the 1850s.  And he's a bit of a Star.

So, if you're in my part of the world on Saturday 25th April...

Details here...

http://museumofthemind.org.uk/whats-on/event-info/sir-charles-hood-star-of-bethlehem

No comments: