Wednesday 7 January 2009

Next month...

I have nothing lined up for next month. No work. No commissions. No nothing.

On the one hand, this is a bad thing. Work is good. Not having any is not so good.

On the other hand, I haven't written anything of my own for a very long time. You won't catch me complaining about the Writers' Academy, but I have been immersed in Doctors, Casualty, Holby City and EastEnders for a year and a half now. It's been great, but I do miss having the freedom to just write whatever I want.

February is still a few weeks away, and you never know what might turn up. But a part of me is hoping that nothing does. I feel the need for a Spec script...

2 comments:

Piers said...

Ah, but will you be able to blog about it?

[ducks]

James Henry said...

Do it! And do something you've always wanted to write, regardless of how 'practical' it is.