Saturday 29 July 2006

Writing is re-writing...

... so they say.

Well, to prove it I've been spending my weekends rewriting my Doctor's script. Draft 2 got pounded out last weekend. Comments back from Birmingham on Thursday. Draft 3 finished just now.

At least one more re-write to go. More if we hit a sticky patch.

I'm still hoping to finish it all before I go off on holiday next weekend, but I suppose that's unlikely.


I'll be glad when it's all over and I can turn my attention to my various other writing projects. I seem to have loads of ideas for TV series, but hardly any of them have got themselves down onto pieces of paper. Next task, I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheeky, this, but....when you get the re-write process finished - would you be kind enough to write a blog about it?

Please?

Shell

Paul Campbell said...

Hi Shell.

I surely will.

The 4th rewrite was a doddle - hardly any comments at all. Took me three quarters of an hour.

Now I'm just waiting for the final OK from the Series Producer.

Once that's confirmed, and I've come back from holiday, I shall blog a little about the whole experience.